Thursday, June 29, 2017

Let us now praise...

In my 10 years of blogging, in my nearly 5,000 posts, I’ve made it a rule never to mention where I work, who I work with, or who I work for.

That’s obeisance, really, to the people who let me write my blog, allow me to have my tirades, critique work and our industry. That’s a silent pact I’ve made that allows me to write what I want, stupid or not, in as honest a form as I can.

I’m not going to violate any of my rules today, though I wish I could. So this homage, this paean will be thinly veiled instead.

Last night at my agency, we celebrated a client who’s been instrumental to more great work, more stellar agency careers, more awards, and more client success than any 10 clients.

She’s thrived for 20 years in her job, which in this era where the expiry date of humanity has a banana’s longevity, is worthy of a marble statue in the Advertising Hall of Fame.

For those 20 years, she’s been all you could ask of a client. Tough as nails. Demanding. Honest. Demanding again.

But more.

She’s been trusting, empathic, supportive, funny, caring and smart.

I don’t write this post to curry favor or to lay it on thick. I write it because in a world that seems to have forgotten the things that make relationships worth keeping and work enjoyable, this person keeps the torch of integrity burning bright.

There’s really nothing more I can say.


Nothing more than thank you for giving me a chance to contribute what little I can.

No comments: